The Texas heat makes a powerful air conditioning system a must. At Bayshore Air and Heat, we understand that when your cooling unit stops working, you need help fast. Our experienced team is ready to offer you the support you need, so you can get back to being cool and comfortable. Whether your AC requires a quick repair or a full-on replacement, our air conditioning experts will make sure you receive the best solution for your needs and budget.
Rely on us for any AC services, including:
We offer quality services at affordable rates! Call (346) 666-7882 or contact us online to schedule a free estimate.
Purchasing an air conditioning system is no small investment. When installing a new AC, it’s important that everything is handled appropriately and according to manufacturer specifications to avoid system failure. Although you might be handy around the house, installing an AC unit is not something you should try on your own unless you have years of previous experience. Improper air conditioning installation can impact your comfort, increase your energy bills, and shorten your system’s lifespan.
Air conditioners that are not installed correctly might malfunction in several ways, including:
- Loud noises: Your AC’s outdoor unit should be placed on a concrete pad that is level and large enough to hold your system. If the unit isn’t level, it will shake and vibrate during every cooling cycle. More than producing loud sounds, this shaking can cause excess wear and tear on your system’s components. The loud noises you are hearing could also be due to improper tightening or inadequate lubrication of the unit’s moving parts.
- Low airflow: If your AC is not properly connected to your home’s ductwork, the air could be leaking out of your ducts and into areas where it’s not supposed to go. These leaks will decrease the airflow you feel through your registers and cause your system to perform less efficiently. Low airflow can also be a sign that the cooling load was calculated inaccurately, resulting in an improperly sized system being installed.
- Improper refrigerant charge: When installing a new AC, the system will need to be filled with refrigerant according to the manufacturer’s specifications. If the unit is improperly charged, it can result in poor performance and decreased efficiency. While not enough refrigerant means the system won’t be able to cool and dehumidify your house, too much refrigerant will cause excess pressure to build up in the AC, which will likely damage the compressor.
If you experience any of these signs shortly after installing your AC, it means your air conditioner installation wasn’t performed correctly. To remedy these issues and prevent them from occurring in the first place, it’s always best to rely on an HVAC professional for AC repair and installation.
Are you fed up with paying so much money to keep your home cool? There are several things you can do to immediately reduce your monthly utility costs. The number one drainer of energy is an old, inefficient unit. If your AC is more than 12 years old, the first step you need to take is to replace it with a newer model. To get even more energy savings out of your new AC, you can choose a ductless mini-split system. This type of unit doesn’t use ductwork and allows you to cool specific rooms.
If you have a newer AC unit installed, you can maximize its efficiency through routine maintenance. Regularly changing air filters, lubricating parts, cleaning components, and completing several other tasks is crucial for maintaining your system’s efficiency. It will also increase your unit’s lifespan!
Tired of feeling uncomfortable because of a malfunctioning AC? Call Bayshore Air and Heat at (346) 666-7882 for League City air conditioning services!
- Customer Care Focused
- Service Plans Available
- Licensed and Insured Through Texas
- Quality Services at an Affordable Price